History / News
- Since her incorporation in 1987 as ABS-Kimsign ( Singapore ) Pte Ltd, ABS has undergone a new management restructuring to provide a more comprehensive service and support, not only for local but overseas markets as well. Hence, we are now known as ABS BUILDING PRODUCTS. With her headquarter remained in Singapore, ABS is a Company whose strengths are in quality architectural ironmongery, signage and flooring.
- In 1988, the first distributor in Singapore, ABS pioneers to promote DORMA products locally. DORMA is the trusted global partner for premium access solutions.
- In 2000, establishment of ABS, in-house brand was launched officially. Nowadays, ABS brand is well known in Singapore as well as in South East Asia.
- In 2007, trademark of ABS was registered. As one of the leading suppliers of ironmongery, signage and flooring products, KIMSIGN and HINGSWOOD trademark were registered respectively.
- In April 2010, ABS moved her headquarter to Orion@Paya Lebar, a premium freehold light industrial building, opposite to Macpherson MRT, Singapore where gives ample convenience for customers to visit no matter whether it’s for a discussion of the locking solution of a bungalow project and/ or as simple as a key duplication.
- From 2010, with Green Label Certified by Singapore Environmental Council ( SCE ), HINGSWOOD, ABS’s re-engineering timber has been been widely applying in different types of projects in South East Asia.
- From 2013, ABS products are tested to CE / EN European Standard, SS332 : 2007 Singapore Standard and Certificate of Fire-rated Ironmongery respectively.
- A year later, ABS’ new branch office in Hong Kong was established. It started from one staff in the very beginning and developed to 5 staff in 2015. Meanwhile the turnover has been increased by 5 folds increase since her establishment in Hong Kong.
- In 2011, ABS was awarded in Singapore Outstanding Enterprise Award ( SOE ). SOE promotes and honours Singapore local self-determined entrepreneurs whom possess entrepreneurial spirits, operating small and medium-sized businesses.
- In 2016, ABS products are tested to conform to BS EN 1634-1 : 2008, BS EN B63-1 : 1999, Certificate of Fire-rated Ironmongery and BS EN 1634-3 : 2004 Certificate of Smoke Test in Hong Kong as well.
- In 2017, ABS products are further tested at SIRIM, Malaysia’s leading certification, inspection and testing body offering internationally accredited services.
- In January 2013, ABS Hong Kong was relocated to Metro Centre which is directly linked to the Kowloon Bay MTRC station. Kowloon Bay is a fast growing area in East Kowloon where a lot of architects, designers and contractors are located.
- In July 2015, ABS’s second branch office with a ground floor showroom in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia was born. Starting from just one staff, it expands progressively with 5 staff in just a few months. It showcases ABS ironmongery products with some elegant display boards, customers from all around in Selangor area are invited to visit. Obviously a lot of discussion and experience sharing are being taken place in the showroom everyday.
- In February 2017, ABS Hong Kong office / warehouse is moved from East to West Kowloon with a bigger space for a preparation of the business expansion. Together with a much stronger team since ever, we expect a rapid growth of ABS Hong Kong business in the coming future!
- ABS commits social responsibility by participation in various charity events. In 2013, ABS provided voluntary teaching service to Vineyard Methodist School, Chiang Mai, VINEYARD, an educational institution established under the Mettakij Church Association with the purpose of inculcating Christian values and character in all our students.
- In August 2015, it’s the first of its kind for ABS to join ARCHIDEX, the famous acronym for the International Architecture, Interior Design & Building Exhibition in Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia. Today it’s also touted as the Southeast Asia’s leading multi-national exhibition and networking event in the industry’s trade calendar. ABS showcased her premium brands of ironmongery products during this leading gathering among the region’s fraternity of architects, urban planners, interior designers, developers, academicians, students and other related industry professionals.
- In October 2015, ABS also exhibits Fire Curtain at Buildtech Asia exhibition, Singapore. Encouraging response was well received during the Show. The exhibited Fire Curtain is used widely in South Korea and Indonesia. The Curved and Straight Fire Curtain have met all requirements spelt out by relevant authorities. The products are certified to be able to withstand fire for up to 2 hours integrity. It has been tested in accordance with SS 489: 2001: Clause 4: Annex A: Determination of fire resistance of fire curtain.
- In February 2016, ABS further donated ironmongery to Vineyard Methodist School, Chiang Mai, for all the doors of the extension as well as some of the facilities for the soccer field.
- In 2016, ABS will implement various activities to celebrate